IPv6 Address PlannerPRO
Design an IPv6 addressing plan for your VPC or DC. Create and visualize new IPv6 subnets, based on required no. of subnets and/or hosts or prefix.
About this tool
1. This IPv6 Address Planner
helps you to design an IPv6 addressing scheme for your VPC or DC.
Use it for IPv6 addressing planning in AWS, Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, IBM Cloud, or any other cloud platform, or any physcial Data Center.
Start with a base newtork address and then create subnets within subnets based on the required number of subnets and/or hosts required by you in that particular subnet.
2. Enter base network address and click on GO to show subnet tools- calculator and creator.
3. Once the base network network has been subnetted, further subnets must be created using the icon on the right of the subnet which you wish to subnet further.
4. You have the flexibilty to enter either the network address or any IP address of your network. If IP address is entered then network address is automatically calculated and calculation is done based on the calculated network addresses. Example: whether you enter 2002::100/64 or 2002::/64, program will use 2002::/64 for its calculation.
5. Some subnets will be automatically created
when the subnets to be created have a prefix (subnet mask) greater than current
prefix + 1. For example: if you request for two subnets from /24 subnet you will get two
/25 subnets, both of these will be tagged as
manually created subnets. But if you were to
request for four /26 subnets from a /24 subnet, total six subnets will be created- two
automatically created /25 subnets and each of these will have two /25 manually created
subnets. At first, it looks confusing, but it's
very useful for two reasons:
1. It proactively tells you what subnets behind the scenes have become unsuable or say have been implicitly used (in this case the two automatcially created /25s).
2. It proactively tells you what smmmarization/ aggregation can be done.
6. As the hosts and subnets are always available in multiples of 2. Resulting subnets/hosts would also be shown in multiples of 2. Example: If you try to create 5 subnets, you will get 6 subnets.
7. To see only the manually created subntes under a subnet click icon on the right of that subnet.
8. Use the search box to search for subnet addresses, masks, ranges, type and total IPs. Use space to separate search items. Example: Searching for "/48 /56 2002::" will show all the subnets which have mask of /48 and /56, and all the subnets (and their related info) which have 2002:: in them
Feel free to contact me for any suggestions or error reporting
Enter base network with prefix.